The forum is in read only mode.

HR.my Upcoming Features Todo List

More
7 years 1 month ago #1065 by Eugene
PERFECT! Thanks Kap-Chew
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #1087 by Andre Chua
Hi Kap Chew,

Firstly, thank you for all the hard work and providing for FREE this wonderful, wonderful platform. With the leave entitlement feature and customize-able variable pay/deduction, the system is turning out to be extremely functional and I've fully transition from using excel spreadsheets to your platform for both my company. Thank you so much.

Now that I've had the chance to use it's full features, I would like to provide the following inputs.

Little features and considerations that makes this a great platform :
1. Clean interface - hope you will continue to focus on making it clutter free and provide relevant information to users on the first page (of each section) rather than digging through layers/links.

2. Interactive tables - the ability to sort, filter, adjust and move columns is a godsend that allows me to dump my excel spreadsheets.

3. Simple, very functional and effective leave / payroll system - for the sake of improvements, as more features gets added, I hope you will always consider implementing simple and effective solutions. I have many experience where good software becoming unusable because of complex interaction requirements due to "improvements" :lol:

SImple (I think) Improvements ideas (some have been highlighted by other users so would like to add my vote for it here) that can add much value :
1. Homepage - In the Alert box, add additional info of "approved leaves in 7 days" - this would be beneficial to both employers and employees to plan their week ahead and be ready with coverage plans.

2. Employee Management - as highlighted by user Kenneth, it would be great to be able to export employee details to CSV or excel. I don't personally need it but sometime some agency/auditor would require the info.

3. Employee Leave - as highlight in a previous thread, would be great if we are able to see all valid entitlements and during leave application, be able to select any available entitlements vs filtering by year first.

4. Holidays - would it be possible to allow a date range instead of only 1 day for registering holidays. Example CNY is normally 2 days, School holidays (1-3 weeks range) - One of my business is a kindergarten - so to key in the school holidays for 7-21 days was too much! :lol:

5. Implement Events calendar - I'm thinking something similar to the Holiday calendar that doesn't impact leaves management. Just calendar of events for FYI that is displayed in the Leave Planner as well. Example, like for my kindergarten business, we sometime have events like Open Day, Exam Week, Birthday Celebration, Outings. This would give my teachers/employees a good overview of what is going to happen for the months ahead and plan accordingly.

6. Payroll history - as highlighted by user Ehtanco, would be great to have a TOTAL row for the view as List report as well as export to CSV/Excel for audit filing purposes.

7. Report Export Feature Request - I see a couple of request for report export in the forum and you have questions about the report export format. My 2 cents is that Excel being so powerful today, a basic raw data export as data table (maybe have some simple filtering like date range, id, status) would be good enough and user would be able to customize their own reporting in Excel without burdening your time on customizing reports since I believe everyone would require different reports for different purposes.

Overall, I'm quite happy with the system current capabilities and it's been working great so far. With the 7 suggestions above, it can only get so much better (for me at least). ;)

Again, thank you so much sir. Apologize for the wall of text, but I'm really loving your system and would love for it to be much better.

Do let me know if you require any clarifications at all. I'll be happy to assist in any way I can.
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #1088 by Kap-Chew
Hi Andre,

I really appreciate that you take the time to write down your inputs here, it surely helps :D

While some of your points are quite straightforward, others may require further discussions with you:

1 & 2. Understood.

3. I am afraid that if I get rid of the year filter, the entire UI will be quite messy, considering that employees normally will have different entitlements in different years. But I will surely love to improve it if I could come up with better option to make the entire operation smoother.

4. Ha, this one may be added later, something like a shortcut for range selection.

5. Is this event calendar to be mixed with Leave? If so that may be a little bit confusing considering someone taking leave on certain event dates.

6. The TOTAL row has already been implemented (I think 2 days ago), didn't you notice? The export will come soon.

7. Report Export - I think I have more or less found a way to do it, if you take a look at Leave Transaction Summary, this may be similar to what you described. You may take a look and let me know if your thought is different.
More
7 years 3 weeks ago - 7 years 3 weeks ago #1089 by Andre Chua
Hi Kap Chew,

Thanks for considering 1,2,4. Appreciate it.

For 3, fully understand the difficulty involved. No biggie, as we had already discuss about it previously here
payroll.my/forum/general/308-leave-entitlement-incremental
I won't pester you about it ... :woohoo: :lol:

For #5, the event calendar. Yes, my thoughts are to mix with leave planner display just like the holiday calendar. Fully understand the possible confusion if someone were to take leaves on the event dates. My thinking is that the leave application color code would take precedence for the employee. As for the leave planner/scheduler I was hoping if it's possible to select display all employees regardless of any approved leaves as I see it's a great way to see the overall monthly resources plan as well as the ability to see what will happen over the month horizon. Right now, it's just 1 row of holidays and off days if there's no leave application from anyone.. which somehow feels weird for me. :lol: :lol: :lol: I just noticed the single line holidays info.

For #6. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I completely missed the status row with the total info since it's way below and the small font size! :lol: :lol: :lol: I only have about 12 employees so at full screen, the listing was very short and I didn't bother to look all the way down! :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry about that. Looking forward to the export.

For #7, yes a raw data dump (tabular format) like you mentioned for the leave transaction summary is good enough for me as I always prefer to work with raw data and create report per my needs at any point of time. My only request is if it's possible to have the month as optional. Meaning we can choose to select month range or for the whole year vs just 1 month at a time.

Thank you so much for the consideration.
Last edit: 7 years 3 weeks ago by Andre Chua.
More
7 years 3 weeks ago - 7 years 3 weeks ago #1092 by Kap-Chew
Hi Andre,

For the event calendar of #5, we actually have 3 precedence to choose from, Leave, Holiday or Event. In the event of crash between Leave and Event, I do agree that Leave could take precedence, but what about a crash between Holiday and Event?

Then, for the display of all employees regardless of leave application status, I am not sure if would be beneficial or not. But will surely consider it if more users are for this feature, and with more use cases.

For #3 and #7, don't give up yet, I would be happy if you still persist some time down the road and come back to pester me about it (i.e. when I am done with higher priority items)
Last edit: 7 years 3 weeks ago by Kap-Chew.
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #1093 by Andre Chua
Hi Kap Chew,

Interesting point about Holiday and Event clash ... didn't cross my mind. I'm thinking there possibly 2 options.
1. Event takes precedence as it's more important that employees know if any particular event for a company is happening on that day.
2. This may be tricky or look funny ... how about half day-half day color coding method? .. like how you're handling 0.5 day leave now.

Thinking more about this, I would agree with you that displaying all employees may not have any real benefits .. as stated, just thought it looks weird ... I'm too used to the "big picture" kind of perspective. :lol:
However, if the events calendar were to be implemented, for example if there is only one single approved leave on the event date, and since employee leave would take precedence, the event might be "lost from view" since the row for "holiday and off days" no longer appear if there are any approve leaves. Should the "holidays and off days + events" row be a permanent row perhaps in the leave planner/schedule view instead?

Don't worry, I'm sure I will follow-up ... ;) ... i can't pass up a good thing. :cheer:
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds