Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Leave Entitlement Incremental

More
7 years 2 months ago #956 by Funashi
Is their a way to setup Leave Entitlement so that its incrementing by a factor for each month served by employee rather than lumping the Entitlement for the whole year e.g for every month served the employee accrue 2 days
More
7 years 2 months ago #957 by Kap-Chew
Hi Funashi,

This is not yet possible for now, but if this is a common practice, I will prioritise it on my todo list. The thing is, this is the first time I have ever heard of such entitlement scheme, may I know how does it work actually?
More
7 years 2 months ago #984 by Andre Chua
Hi Kap-Chew,

Firstly, great update and thank you for the great software. I have an account set up for my little company but can't fully utilize due to the leave system portion as well.

I have the same situation as Funashi as well. It would be great if you could implement an earned leave entitlement. I see it in your to do list and hope it's the same idea. I'll try to clarify below;

Due to possibly length of service,
Employee A : leave entitlement = 14 days/year
Employee B : leave entitlement = 18 days/year

Meaning for every month
Employee A would earn 14/12 days/month while Employee B would earn 18/12 days/month in his entitlement summary. While any leaves taken would be subtracted accordingly.

For simplicity, assuming both joined 1st Jan. ... at the end of 31st Jan : Emp A would only "earned" 1.17 days while Emp B would "earned" 1.5 days.

This "earned" entitlement would accumulate from month to month up to the company policy limit : example my company only allows 2 years worth of accumulation. Meaning Emp A can only have max "earned" days of 28 days while Emp B would be 36 days max. Any additional "earned" would be lost.

Reason for such a system : Employee gets to see how much actual leaves the company owes them or how much taken in advance at any point of time. And it makes payroll leaves computation easier if any employee resigns.

Hope it clarifies. Do let me know if you need further clarifications.

I've attached a sample of how it's being track manually (summary report) now. Hope it can help provide a better understanding.
More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #985 by Kap-Chew
Hi Andre,

Thanks for joining this discussion to clarify with more example. (I don't see your attachment here, did you miss it? Alternatively you may send your sample to my email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.)

What I am implementing now is a Leave Earning Policy which comes with 2 options for starters, that is "Earned Immediately" and "Prorated Over a Year". The first option is similar to current set up where an employee will earn all entitlement immediately as the name implies, this may be suitable for Hospitalization, Maternity leave etc. For the second option, it will be earned over a one-year period on a pro rata basis.

As such, your description of the scenario of earning period of up to 2 years may need to be done in a different way according to current design of HR.my, that is you have to carry over the unused entitlement to the next year by extending the validity of last year's entitlement longer, to be more precise, let's say Employee A who started in 1st Jan 2015:

- You will set up a leave entitlement for year 2015, and set the "Valid Until" to 31st Dec 2016
- At the end of 2015, you will create a new leave entitlement for Employee A again with similar setting.
- If the employee wants to apply for leave in 2016, he will clear the available leaves in 2015 first before utilising his 2016 earned leave

Hope that this works for you too.
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Kap-Chew.
More
7 years 2 months ago #986 by Andre Chua
Hi Kap Chew,

Attached is the file again. Hope it works this time. I've sent a copy to the e-mail as well to be on the safe side.

To further clarify on the "earned" leave. Once earned, there's no expiry / validity period to use the leaves. The only limitation is the earn max policy. I think this is where the major system concept difference lies. In a way, the concept is quite simple but of course, implementation could be an issue. :-p

With this earned policy, administrator would not need to do any yearly entitlement allocation to any employees and hopefully, the system would just happily accumulate leaves for the employees up to the maximum allowable. The only adjustment required is when the employee yearly entitlement value change. This could be a little tricky as the max earned would need to be calculated base on the effective date of the entitlement change.
More
7 years 2 months ago #987 by Kap-Chew
Hi Andre,

I received the attachment in order, thanks.

Admittedly, the implementation of Leave Earning Policy may not provide a perfect solution to your current leave scheme yet, but let's take it one step at a time, let us finish the implementation of Leave Earning Policy first and see how we proceed from there ^o^
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds