Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Future of HR.my

More
1 year 7 months ago #4591 by Shadid Haque
Future of HR.my was created by Shadid Haque
Hi Kap-Chew,
Thank you for all your help so far. You will be happy to know that we are going live with HR.my next week.

Before we do that, I wanted to ask what is your long term plan with this fantastic software? Is there any chance that the service may be stopped for unforeseen reasons? Since we will be dependent on this system with very sensitive data, it is important to clarify for everyone. Also, as far as I know you are the only person involved in developing this. God forbid, something can happen to you, who would continue the service? Do you plan to open source it at all? Please give us some assurance.

I would also like to let you know that we love the software so far and we will be contributing to your cause every month.

Shadid

CTO
BongoBD.com
More
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #4593 by Kap-Chew
Replied by Kap-Chew on topic Future of HR.my
Hi,

1. This is a very legitimate question. However, I am not able to predict the future as far as I am concerned.

2. Intent-wise, I do plan to maintain HR.my for as long as I could.

3. Just to put things in perspective, I started HR.my back in 2007, it went online in 2009. As of today, some of my users have already been using HR.my for more than 10 years.

4. Personally, I don't think that a one-man team would definitely be more fragile than a business. Look at Nokia, it was once the dominant phone manufacturer, but it is no longer relevant in mobile phone business nowadays.

5. That said, should the worst comes to pass, open sourcing or selling the platform to someone who can continue are possible alternatives.
Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Kap-Chew.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shadid Haque
Time to create page: 0.040 seconds