Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Circumstantial Leaves

More
1 year 7 months ago #4527 by Baptiste
Hi,

In my country Rwanda, the labor law provides for circumstantial leaves and they have different days allowed. For example, if you are getting married. I wonder how this can be set up in the HR system. Ideally, I would need a system where you add those types with fixed number of days so that no one requests more than the allowed number of days and the frequency is unlimited for each type.

EMPLOYEE’s civil wedding: two (2) working days
Worker's wife delivery: four (4) working days
Death of spouse: six (6) working days
Death of first direct line ascendants / descendants: three (3) working days
Death of a brother or sister: two (2) working days
Death of a father-in-law or mother-in-law: two (2) working days
Death of a brother-in-law or sister-in-law: (1) working day
EMPLOYEE’s transfer to another province or district: two (2) working days

Baptiste
More
1 year 7 months ago #4528 by Kap-Chew
Replied by Kap-Chew on topic Circumstantial Leaves
Kindly refer to the user guide.
More
1 year 7 months ago #4529 by Baptiste
Replied by Baptiste on topic Circumstantial Leaves
I think I did. I am talking about a situation where leave entitlements are to be requested in unlimited number whereas the current system determines a fixed number of entitlements

Let me know if you need more details so you can understand my concern.
More
1 year 7 months ago #4530 by Kap-Chew
As in your question, the entitlements are very SPECIFIC, i.e. like wedding 2 days, delivery 4 days etc... if you don't set them up specifically, how would your employee know which entitlement to apply their leaves?

Or do you need to allow your employee to CREATE their own entitlements by themselves?
More
1 year 7 months ago #4534 by Baptiste
Replied by Baptiste on topic Circumstantial Leaves
Apologies for the confusion,

I think the leave types above are clear and easy to add. The complicated case is for sick leaves, where you can't tell when staff will get sick. Here we have short-term sick leave, long-term sick leave, and suspended leave. For each leave type, they have their own specific length and you can imagine, someone can fall sick many times a year.

What can I do in this situation?
More
1 year 7 months ago #4535 by Kap-Chew
I think you still have to add multiple entitlements for them, such as Short-Term Sick entitlement, Long-Term Sick entitlement etc, otherwise there will be no way of limiting each entitlement day.
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds