Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Displaying Wrong Time in the attendance summary

More
1 year 11 months ago #4348 by Carlo
Hi,

One of our employees noticed the incorrect time in his login/logout details. It has a discrepancy of 2 hours. We are in the Philippines (we follow Manila Time). As you can see in the screenshot, the employee logged in at 7:29 AM Ph Time but shows 9:29 AM in the summary. The same goes with the logout timestamp, 7:05 PM, but the employee logged out at 5:05 PM.

Please I need help correcting this. I already checked the Employer Setting, and ours are set in Asia/Manila time zone.

Appreciate your feedback on this. Thank you.

Attachments:
More
1 year 11 months ago #4349 by Kap-Chew
Hi,

FYI, the time recorded is server time, not end user computer time. Therefore it does not matter how your employee clock in, it will always use the same server time, and in strict compliance to the Employer's timezone.

I strongly recommend that you check the time properly and also verify your OWN computer time zone as well as your employee's, this is because the time shown on your computer will follow your computer's timezone instead.

To avoid any doubt, always set your computer's timezone to follow the Employer account's timezone.

For more details about timezone, kindly Google.
More
1 year 11 months ago #4350 by Carlo
For the Employer's time zone, we haven't changed it since we created the account.

Is it possible that the login/logout timestamps were skewed if the user/employee jumps from one computer to another, and the other computer has a different time clock (time zone) on it?

Please advise. Thank you.
More
1 year 11 months ago #4351 by Kap-Chew
NO. As I already pointed out, regardless of your computer settings, only HR.my server time is recorded.

The only discrepancy is on displaying at different computers that may have different timezone settings compared to the Employer timezone setting.
More
1 year 11 months ago #4352 by Carlo
Thank you so much for the clarifications. Appreciate it.
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds